You are who you surround yourself with, so who’s in your circle?
Who you surround yourself with determines the idea’s in your heard, the inspiration in your heart and what’s in your wallet.
This isn’t about using others as resources, it’s about understanding that every human has a score.
- The people you love need to support you, otherwise they don’t love you.
- Your mentors need to be good and nurturing, otherwise what’s the use of them either?
- Your friends need to be winners, not uninspired downers.
In every area of your life: business, family, friends, coworkers and romantic partners, you need people who fill that role well. Then, you both can reciprocate properly with each other and grow as a team.
You can run around in life with a bunch of 3s and expect your life to be a ten. Doesn’t work like that.
Why you are who you surround yourself with
We are influenced by others on a daily basis.
No matter how strong-willed or self-determined we are, there are always certain people who can influence our thoughts and actions. We may not realize it, but other people, especially those closest to us, have a great deal of influence on who we are and what we do.
There are several factors that influence the way we act and think, including our culture, upbringing, and those around us, so the people you surround yourself with need to be a serious priority in your life.
You are who you surround yourself with quotes
“One of the fastest ways to change your life is to surround yourself with people who are more successful than you are.” – Stefan James
“Environment is more important than heredity. The people were surrounded by have more of an impact on our life and our success in life than what’s built into the genes at birth” – Bob Proctor
“Surround yourself only with people who are badass, OR with people who are on their way to becoming badasses” – Tai Lopez
We Surround ourselves with Positive and Negative Influences
Your closest friends and associates have a great deal of influence on you.
- If you’re friends with people who drink, you’re more likely to drink.
- If you spend time with people who are always late, you’ll probably get used to being late.
This phenomenon is known as peer pressure, and it can have a huge effect on your life.
For example, if your friends are all smart, ambitious and hard-working, you’ll probably develop those characteristics as well. Likewise, if you spend time with lazy, unmotivated and unambitious people, you’ll probably end up adopting those traits.
If you want to change the direction of your life for the better, it’s important to identify the positive influences in your life and spend more time with them.
Surrounding yourself with positive people will help motivate and inspire you to be better while also providing guidance when you need it.
Conversely, if you’re surrounded by negative influences, it’s important to identify these negative influences and minimize your contact with them as much as possible.
How to Surround Yourself with Positive Influences
Finding the right people to influence and mentor you in life is essential for personal growth. Having a positive support system can help you stay motivated and focused on achieving your goals.
It’s important to find people who are successful and have achieved what you want to achieve, as they can provide valuable advice and guidance. It’s also important to find people who are passionate about their work, as this can help inspire you to pursue your own passions.
Additionally, it’s crucial to find people who are honest and upfront with you, as this will ensure that your relationship is built on trust.
Finally, it’s essential to find people who have similar values and interests as you, as this will make it easier for them to relate to your experiences and provide meaningful advice. Finding the right mentors and influences in life can be difficult but it is an essential part of personal growth.
Like I said, finding the right people to influence you can be one of the most important steps in achieving success in any area of your life. It is essential to find positive people who can provide support and guidance while helping you to stay motivated and focused on your goals.
Positive influences can come from many sources, including:
- and even strangers.
These people can provide encouragement and advice when needed and help you stay on track when times get tough.
They may also be able to offer valuable insight into areas where you may not have experience or knowledge. Having the right people around you can make all the difference in achieving success in whatever endeavor you are pursuing.
Benefits of Positive Influences
It is often said that you are who you surround yourself with. This means that the people you choose to be around can have a significant impact on your life and your success.
Quality relationships can provide support, motivation, and inspiration, while negative relationships can lead to feelings of stress, anxiety, and depression.
It is important to take time to evaluate the people in your life and ensure that they are helping you become the best version of yourself. Surrounding yourself with quality people who have similar values and goals can help you stay focused on achieving your own goals and dreams, while also providing encouragement and support along the way.
Choosing to surround yourself with successful people can help open up new opportunities for personal growth and development. So take some time to evaluate the people in your life and make sure that they are helping you reach your full potential!
How to Find Quality People to Surround Yourself With
When you find yourself searching for quality relationships you can use all the core human life areas and decide whether certain people are congruent with some or all of them. Decide whether you match up.
How to find quality people:
- Network at conferences for business partners
- Ask people at the gym to hang out outside the gym
- Have conversations with people about their life goals and plans
- Join facebook groups and invest in online relationships there.
- Turn yourself into someone whos an attractive prospect for mentors 30 years ahead of you.
- Understand your psyche and find people who match up well with you.
- Find people with skills opposite yours
- If you’re in a position to, hire good people and take them with you. This works especially well in the online area of business.
- Understand which members of your family support you and which ones don’t
- Notice when people you meet have their shit together and ally yourself with them
How to Make a Good Impression
Without being fake, it’s vital that when forming connections with quality people, you make a good impression on them. It needs to be an impression that lasts and convinces them that a relationship with you is not only profitable for them in some way, but safe, and fun.
Here is how you can make a good impression on almost everybody:
- Spend quality time with them
- Smile more
- Eye contact and attention
- Small favors
- Random kindness
- Non judgemental
- The opposite of desperation
- Humility and self honesty
- Be nice
- Don’t act like a know it all
- Be honest about your qualifications
- Be passionate about your dreams
- Sincere and well place compliments
- Display positive emotions
- Be honest about your flaws every now and then
How to Improve Your Network
The influence of others is an important factor in our lives. We are influenced by the people we surround ourselves with, and these relationships can have a positive or negative impact on our lives. Improving your network of relationships is key to becoming a successful and well-rounded individual.
Here are some tips for improving your network:
- Seek out new contacts and build relationships with them. This could be done through networking events, online communities, or even just by striking up conversations with strangers.
- Make sure to stay in touch with old contacts as well. Don’t be afraid to reach out and reconnect with them if you haven’t spoken in a while.
- Build trust by being reliable, trustworthy, and honest in all your dealings with people.
- Always be open to learning from others and expanding your knowledge base by listening to their advice and ideas.
- Finally, remember that relationships are a two-way street; make sure to give back as much as you take from others in order to build strong connections that will last for years to come!
What If They Don’t Like You?
It can be difficult to navigate the world when you feel like others don’t like you. Whether it’s because of your personality, appearance, or other factors, it can be hard to cope with the fact that people don’t seem to appreciate you.
The most important thing to remember is that you are not alone. Everyone has faced criticism and rejection at some point in their lives, and it is important to remember that you are not defined by what others think of you.
It is important to focus on the positive aspects of yourself and your life, and to focus on building relationships with those who appreciate and support you.
It can help to engage in activities that make you feel good about yourself such as volunteering or engaging in hobbies that bring joy and satisfaction. Remember that opinions of others should not define who you are or how much value you have as a person.